30 January 2010

Freezer Cooking: Waffles


Don't those waffles look delicious?!?! Trust me, they were this (snowy) morning and will be as we eat them over the coming month. I had more than 4 cups of Buttermilk left that was going to spoil soon, so I needed to use it up - hate to waste! I immediately thought of Buttermilk Pancakes. However we already have a bag of pancakes in the freezer that I made about Monday. I decided we could go with Buttermilk Waffles instead - something yummy to add to our breakfast menu. Little Man eats a pancake or waffle each morning with his yogurt anyway, so making a big batch today (that will probably last all of February) will save me some time over the coming month.


After making two dozen waffles, I flash froze them and then put them in freezer bags for easy access (same way I freeze the pancakes). Each morning I will pop the waffle in the toaster oven & in about a minute, Little Man has a hot breakfast! If I switch it up and give him a pancake, I simply put one in the microwave for almost a minute at about 75% power.

This is just the beginning of my Freezer Days stock-up. Instead of one or two power cooking days, I'm just going to continuously build up over the coming week (maybe 2) by doubling/tripling some recipes to stock the freezer. I will definitely be making these again - we have already eaten all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment