13 January 2010
Little Man rarely eats meat, with the exception of Chicken Nuggets. Maybe that sounds like your toddler too. I was searching for a healthier & cheaper version of chicken nuggets to feed him without much luck. One day I decided just to wing it. The results were delicious! My husband has requested they go into our regular menu line-up. I'll probably oblige because they are so easy & tasty. They're not pretty, but their taste more than makes up for the presentation. I thought I'd share my "recipe" (if you can even call it that!) with you.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
Plain Bread Crumbs
Oil (I used Canola)
1. Using a knife or kitchen shears, cut chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
2. Marinate chicken pieces in Italian Dressing for at least an hour.
3. In a gallon size Ziploc, pour bread crumbs (between 1/2 - 1 cup) & seasoning salt (to taste, probably between 1tsp & 1tbsp).
4. Put chicken pieces in bag & shake to coat.
5. Put about 1tbsp of oil in skillet over medium heat.
6. Put chicken pieces in skillet, cooking 1-2 minutes per side. Then turn to brown on all sides. You may need to add more oil as you're cooking.
7. Once chicken is cooked through, remove to a paper towel to drain off any excess oil.
8. Eat & enjoy!
I put these in the freezer & heat a few up at a time for Little Man. Definitely a delicious, quick meal!
Labels: Recipe Review