11 January 2010

Meal Plan Monday





I'm giving myself a C in the Eat from the Pantry Challenge right now. I'm mostly eating from my pantry, but supplementing some since I did a lot of pantry-eating in December. My grocery budget (which includes groceries, household items, & health/beauty items) is already at $125 this month (out of $400!) and it's only the 11th. Yikes! That's mostly due to Super Doubles coupons & a Buy 1 Get 2 Free sale on Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts at the Teeter. Oh well...I think the rest of the month will be pretty inexpensive (fingers crossed!).


Here's the dinner Meal Plan for this week:
Tuesday: Soup & Grilled Cheese (Hubs has a dinner meeting)
Wednesday: Beef Strogonoff w/ Veggie TBD
Thursday: Chicken Pie, Green Beans, Roasted Carrots (yummy!!!)
Friday: Homemade Pizza Night!
Saturday: Steak, Potatoes, & Roasted Broccoli (at home date night!)
Sunday: Tex-Mex Chili (we didn't get around to it this week)


I'll also be making homemade Apple Sauce sometime this week since I scored apples at Aldi today for $0.66/pound! So I bought 9lbs. Oh my goodness...I've discovered a new love affair for Aldi, especially their produce if it's all that cheap (which it seemed to be). 


Check out all the other Meal Plans over at Org Junkie!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I've told you, but I've meant to, that I just LOVE this blog you've started! Great info, insights, and ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "in home date nite"! Hope you have a blast! Everything looks so yummy! Happy MPM!

    ReplyDelete