26 January 2010

Recipe Review: Buffalo Burgers



So let's first clear up that when I said we were having Buffalo Burgers, I did not mean meat that came from the animal. I actually have had Bison Burgers and although not terrible, I certainly won't be ordering one anytime soon.

I meant Buffalo as in Buffalo Wing Sauce. I had a Buffalo Burger last week when visiting my parents from one of our local favorites and decided I needed to recreate them this week. We ended up having them tonight and they were delicious!  Here's how I did it...

Ingredients:
Hamburger Patties
Buffalo Sauce (I use Franks)
Blue Cheese Crumbles
Buns

Directions:
1. Make & cook hamburger patties as usual. I made mine very plain...just 80/20 ground beef with some cold water mixed in (a trick I learned from my MIL - makes them very moist & juicy).
2. Heat some Buffalo Sauce in a small shallow dish in the microwave (15 seconds - just enough to warm it a bit). Dredge the cooked hamburger patties though the sauce and place on baking sheet.
3. Top with Blue Cheese Crumbles. Put under broiler until Blue Cheese starts to melt & bubble a bit.
4. Put Buffalo Burgers on buns & serve!

I served these with baby carrots (no celery here, I find it repulsive!) and fries (which I abstained from - yay me!). Sorry there are no pictures, we gobbled them up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment