24 January 2010

Meal Plan Monday



After a break from menu planning last week (thanks to a stomach bug & heading out of town for 4 days), I'm back at it again! I'm still sort of participating in the Pantry Challenge, but I've definitely had to do a lot of supplementing. That's OK - I like this groove. I'm basically looking at what I have on hand (mainly meat & produce that I've gotten on sale) and then planning around that. So my grocery list usually consists of small ingredients needed for these recipes. In addition to that, I can check the weekly loss leaders & stock up as we go.

This week, we'll be eating...
Monday: Buffalo Burgers w/ fries & raw carrots
Tuesday: Potato Soup (in the Magic Pot!)
Wednesday: Pork Chops, Green Beans, Rice
Thursday: Empanadas (first shot at this...we'll see how it goes)
Friday: Pizza Night (trying a new dough recipe made in the bread machine)
Saturday: Leftovers OR Steak, Potatoes, Roasted Broccoli or Brussel Sprouts
Sunday: Pasta with Sausage & Roasted Peppers (this is a family favorite!!)

I'm also making homemade chicken salad to enjoy throughout the week. Definitely a Southern favorite!


Check out hundreds of other Meal Plans at Org Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment