15 December 2010

Handmade Holidays: Using Vinyl

I love handmade gifts - both giving & receiving them. It's one of my 101 Goals at least 5 Handmade Gifts for Christmas. Last year I made several handmade gifts and it looks like I will definitely hit my goal this year! 

I used my Silhouette and vinyl to make some semi-homemade gifts.


Vinyl Gift 1: Personalized Ornaments

Start with clear glass ornaments...


Add some Christmasy metallic basket filler to the inside, some personalized vinyl to the outside, tie a festive ribbon on top and voila! A cute semi-homemade gift. 


This particular ornament is for an ornament exchange so it is generic, however I made a couple with family monograms that turned out equally cute.  


Vinyl Gift 2: Festive Jar Candle

Kmart had these large jar candles marked down to $2.99 and the "Holiday Floral" smelled divine! I bought three with intentions of making them more festive.

Start by removing that awful sticker...


Cut festive vinyl phrases and shapes, then adhere for a fun, useful, and inexpensive Christmas gift. 


Perfect for a neighbor or just something to have out for the holidays.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment