Canning Count for 2010:
- Strawberry Jam - 24+ half-pints (gave some away before I took inventory)
- Sweet Cherries - 12 pints, 1 quart
- Green Beans - 28 quarts
- Kosher Dill Pickles - 18 pints
- Bread & Butter Pickles - 13 pints
- Salsa - 12 pints
- Blackberry Jam - 6 half-pints
- Peach Jam - 12 half-pints, 2 pints
- Damson Jam - 6 half-pints
- Even though I gave away tons of jam for presents, I still have too much. Don't can as much jam next year.
- Can more apples in slices with the lightest syrup possible. They work great for apple crisps, pies, etc and can easily be pureed for delicious apple sauce.
- Can more green beans. They can be a pain in the booty with all the snapping and pressure canning, but they are worth it!
- If you have the freezer space, freeze the cherries rather than can them. They are just as good out of the freezer and a lot easier to mess with.
- Pray for a good tomato year. Can more with tomatoes (remember 2009 - what a great tomato year!!), especially pasta sauce. Try to keep your tomatoes chunkier for the salsa. Can as many whole tomatoes as possible - YUM!