29 March 2010

Recipe Review: Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwiches

Store-bought Pimiento Cheese is for the birds in my opinion, but Trisha's Pimiento Cheese is a family favorite around here. Super easy & super delicious.

Saturday night, the hubs and I were out on a date at a local restaurant & brewery. I'm not a beer drinker, but my hubby really likes their beer and the food is yummy. It's also a bit different, so I love to look over their menu. One item really caught my attention this weekend: Grilled Pimiento Cheese & Bacon sandwich. Hmmm...I love grilled cheese and I love bacon, but I never thought of a grilled P-cheese sammy. I wasn't in the mood to order that, but I had to try it at home on Sunday since we had a big bowl of P-cheese just waiting in our fridge.

I'm not sure I'd call this a "recipe", but here's what I did.
1. Start by heating up your George Foreman Grill (or equivalent...I think mine is Hamilton Beach).
This is my secret weapon to making several Grilled Cheese Sammies at once without making a mess. I never use butter this way either and think they're just as delicious (& healthier!) without.

2. Spread delicious Pimiento Cheese on one slice of bread.
3. Cook 2 slices of bacon, drain, break in half, and put on the other slice of bread.
4. Put together to make P-cheese & Bacon sandwich.
5. Insert into grill for 2-3 minutes. Just enough to get the bread browned and warm up the cheese a little bit.
6. Serve up and enjoy!

My hubby was pretty skeptical, but after he finished he said it was like a slice of heaven! Seriously, this was delicious and we'll be eating these more often. Without the bacon would have been good too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment