27 April 2011

Spring Cleaning: Under the Kitchen Sink

Have you taken a peak under your kitchen sink lately? If you're like me, it could be a bit scary! I decided it was time to clean out & organize underneath there. I started by taking everything out and what was left was pretty gross.

2

I vacuumed all the dust & debris (leftover from our kitchen renovation), wiped it down with a bucket of Lysol solution, and used the handy magic eraser on the tough spots.

Next, I needed to tackle all the junk I pulled out of there. I threw away some things (old sponges, cleaners we don't use anymore, etc) and lined up everything else that needed to be sorted. Here's what didn't get thrown out...

1

There was obviously WAY too much stuff underneath the sink! I sorted these into two groups: items to stay under the sink and items to go somewhere else.

After the cleaning and organizing, here's what's left. I just love the sparseness!

3
Our hand & dish soaps are by the sink, I only need easy access under the sink to the dishwasher detergent and the cleaner for our appliances. 

I did keep a few other things underneath, but they are tucked away in a corner because they aren't needed very often.
4

Of course, I still had all these products to deal with...
5
they scattered about the house into my canning box (a bottled brush helps clean a yucky canning jar so easily!), paint supplies, and the big cleaning product basket on the top shelf of the laundry room.

No comments:

Post a Comment