12 April 2011

I Love a Clearance Deal! {Walmart Edition}

We have the most wonderful Walmart in the next town over. I love to shop there - great prices and great people (for the most part). Also, it's in a small town and it's never all that crowded. Love it! This past week, I stopped in to pick up a few groceries and had a couple extra minutes before I needed to leave for preschool pickup, so I leisurely looked around. I stumbled upon a few aisles of clearance goods that I had never really noticed before. For the sake of time and money, I only went down the aisle that seemed the cheapest - everything was marked down to either $2 or $4. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

1

I have a few cutting boards, but only one I actually like. Unfortunately, it's really big and slips around unless I remember to put a towel underneath. I was so excited to run across this adorable red, non-slip cutting board.
2

$4 seemed like a perfect price.
3

I do not really like my rolling pin and have been eying the French Rolling Pins for a while, but I never could justify the expense since my technically worked. 
5

I could definitely justify $4!
4


I can always use a new trashcan somewhere in this house. 
6

 Especially when it's only $2. This one had a few smudges on it, but they easily wiped off with my finger. I'm sure a Magic Eraser will make it look perfect.
7

I've been looking forever for rattan-ish chargers for our table. I'm imagining something similar to this table scape the Pioneer Woman posted.

Unfortunately, I've never found a set of 6 for less than $40. I just have a really hard time paying that much for something that you put plates on. Call me cheap thrifty! 
8

Well, today I hit the jackpot: exactly 6 chargers and guess how much...$12 total!
9

My favorite find of the day was this colorful set of office organizers. I'm envisioning great organization options for my crafting area!
10

The document box will hold letter size paper, but they also came with dividers.
11

The DVD/CD organizer has so much more potential than just a few discs!
12


My favorite part - each item was only $2!
13

So, go check out your local Walmart and see what kind of good clearance deals you can find!



Linking to Frugal Friday.

4 comments:

  1. I love the chargers. I have a few of the storage containers but I am loving the price you got on yours! What a steal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm headed to Wal-Mart on my lunch break and now I'm very excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably hit or miss, but I hope you find some great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love wal mart clearance. My store had some great clearance for several months and recently it all went away. I can't wait until it comes back (hopefully soon)!

    ReplyDelete