05 April 2011

The last 2 months...

The last 2 months have been exhausting, challenging, rewarding, exciting, depressing, and exhausting (yes, I know I said that twice). 

In the last two months, we've renovated our kitchen, miscarried for a third time in less than a year, traveled to Charleston for a wedding, had a taste of the terrible twos, enjoyed some newborn baby snuggles, watched a lot of basketball (including the most boring National Championship in the history of basketball!), gone to many doctor appointments, cut bangs for the first time in more than a decade, been in another wedding locally, and so on. Let's just say, I'm tired...physically and emotionally.

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." 
-Proverbs 16:9

This verse has come to mind often over the last two months. I'm so truly blessed, even when things don't go the way I had planned. There is a bigger plan - HIS plan is better than mine. I've been reminded over the last two months how thankful I am for my family, friends, and my faith. I'm especially thankful to be married to this cute guy.

Wedding Date

Looking at our calendar, it seems life is about to slow down and return to normal (whatever that might be). I'm ready to get back to organizing, cooking, cleaning, crafting, blogging (more than just my weekly pictures), and exercising (maybe...). 

1 comment: