30 November 2010

Recipe Review: Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Emphasis on BIG...and chewy....and delicious! And I'm sure fattening too, but let's just ignore that one.


I made these cookies tonight and they are probably the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever made. After reading over some of the reviews and suggestions, I decided to let my eggs come to room temperature and let the melted butter cool a bit. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly and they are yummy! They are very chocolaty, which is fine by me, but it wouldn't hurt them to have a few less chocolate chips.

Warning: they are HUGE. I can be a bit of a cookie monster and I couldn't eat a whole one alone (my husband was happy to help out). This pan usually holds at least 15 regular size cookies, but barely held 8 of these cookies.


They are so big they seem sort of "gourmet", so I'm thinking wrapping a few in a cellophane bag with a pretty ribbon would make an excellent gift for the holidays. Sort of like this, but with a BIG ribbon because that's how we do it in the south!


No comments:

Post a Comment