07 February 2010

Meal Plan Monday - Vacation Edition

I'm heading to the mountains Wednesday with my MIL & the Little Man - yay for a relaxing getaway! Of course this means that I had to plan our regular meals for Monday & Tuesday, meals for our trip (Wed-Sun) because we stay WAY UP on the mountain & the closest grocery store is about 30 minutes away, and make sure my hubby had something to eat once we left. So, here's what I came up with...


Monday - Super Bowl Leftovers (why do I always prepare enough food for an army!)
Tuesday - Chicken Pie, Green Beans, Roasted Carrots


Vacation Meals:

Breakfast: Cheerios, Toast, Breakfast Casserole (I have all the ingredients on hand)
Lunch: Pimiento Cheese, Chicken Salad, Leftovers
Dinner: Chili, Ham (I found a coupon to use w/ my MIL's $25 gift card for Honey Baked Ham!), Take&Bake Pizza, Sausage/Peppers/Pasta Dish
Snacks & Sweets: Grapes, Chips & Salsa, Brownies, Rice Krispy Treats (healthy is for HOME!)

My hubby will have plenty of leftovers, as well as items in the freezer that are ready for him to heat & eat.

Everything is all planned out - now I have to grocery shop & cook before we go, because I do not want to cook much while I'm up there...I'm ready to RELAX! 

Oh yeah...I guess I have to do a bunch of laundry, pack, head to the library for books & movies, blah blah blah...I'm just ready to GO!

Check out other meal plans at OrgJunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment