25 May 2011

Goodwill Finds

This past weekend I went Goodwill shopping with the Goodwill Queen, also known as my mother. The Queen's top two savvy tips: shop in good neighborhoods (for the best merchandise options) & shop often

Those tips must really work for her because the lady has amazing luck at Goodwill. It doesn't hurt that's she's about 5'7 and a size 6/8 - plenty of clothes options in that size.  I, on the other hand, am 5'11 and a size 12L-O-N-G. Not as many second-hand options for me and unless I have plenty of extra time, I usually don't even waste my time looking at pants.

My mom did find a few cute things this weekend, including an outfit consisting of seersucker capris & a perfectly matching cardigan (see - so lucky!). However, I am the one who hit the jackpot! Here are my finds (straight out of the bag before the wash, so don't mind the wrinkles)...

Nike Dry Fit Top (still had the tags on it!)
DSC_0283

Fun Summery Sleeveless Top
DSC_0284

AnnTaylorLOFT Black Ruffle Top
DSC_0285

such cute ruffle detail!
DSC_0286

Navy Tunic/Dress from Target (still had the tags on it!)
DSC_0287

JCrew Slim Fit Striped Blouse
DSC_0288

Pink Belted Sweater
DSC_0289

Orange Sweater
DSC_0291

REI Half-Zip Pullover w/ iPod pocket (no tags but looked like it had never been washed/worn)
DSC_0293

Cute Belt
DSC_0294

Now they're all washed and ready to go! I'll have to wait another season for a few of those items, but sometimes you get the best stuff when you shop out of season.  

2 comments: