21 December 2009

Meal Plan Monday - Christmas Week Edition




This is my first "Meal Plan Monday" link-up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie. How nice to see that I'm not the only overly organized, meal-planning mama! Although I must admit with Christmas upon us and a basement renovation complete & almost all moved in, I feel a bit discombulated. But that's OK...I'm trying to relax a bit & enjoy the season to the fullest!


So The Mama & The Littlest Bro are coming to visit to make Christmas Goodies with us today & tomorrow, so this week's menu is super simple.


Monday: Leftovers - I don't want to have to cook supper tonight, I'd rather concentrate on Christmas goodies...yummy!!
Tuesday: Chicken Pie, green beans, & carrots
Wednesday: Beef Tacos w/ rice (unless we still have lots of leftovers, in which case we'll be cleaning out the fridge before we head out for the holiday).
Thursday: Christmas Eve Traditional meal at the in-laws...fried pork chops, country ham biscuits, and all other kinds of delicious, angina-inducing foods.
Friday: Merry Christmas! Since Jesus & I share the same birthday, I don't have to handle any food prep for the day. The Mama will take care of it all, but I am hearing Ham for lunch & Standing Rib Roast for supper. I'll enjoy it all, I'm sure! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to MPM!
    You have a delicious menu planned!
    I’m so glad that my husband isn’t working on Christmas Eve and Christmas. He really needs the days off.
    Here’s wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

    ps Please feel free to stop by my blog and leave a comment regarding “Do you still read the newspaper”?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to MPM! You rmenu sounds great. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete