16 June 2010

Canning Count 2010

I decided to start a "Canning Count" for this season to keep an inventory of how much I've put away for the year. You can find it on the right side of this page.

Two reasons for doing this:
(1)I think this will be helpful next year to see how much we've used, given away, etc. to help me decide if I need to change the amount I can for next year.
(2)When I looked at my "inventory" from last summer, I was AMAZED at how much I'd actually canned. I just love to see how much was actually put up - it's good to know all that hard work over a hot stove in the summertime pays off!

As you can see, I've already done quite a bit of canning, which is why there has been so little posting. My house currently smells like Dill Pickles (my hub's preference), but tomorrow it should smell like Bread & Butter (my fav!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment